Monday, March 31, 2014

Southern Seas

One of these days (just wait and see)
I'll sail away to a southern sea.

I'll find an island with a palm-lined coast;
I'll lie on sand as warm as toast.

I'll eat papaya and abalone stew;
I'll top it all off with a mango or two.

I'll drink spring water and coconut wine.
I'll pick big berries right off the vine.

I'll swim in the sea, but I'll never bathe;
I'll race with dolphins from wave to wave.

I'll live in a hut without any doors,
I'll sleep in a shack without any floors.

I'll have some friends (maybe one or two)
On the next isle over, just out of view.

I'll invite 'em all when the weather's fine
To come help drink some coconut wine.

We'll dive for pearls and sunken loot;
We'll sing and dance and holler and hoot.

We'll wear grass clothes or none at all
We'll swing through trees; we'll have a ball.

So if you wake one fine spring morn,
And find me gone, don't weep or mourn.

Don't fret yourself; and don't be sad;
Think instead of the times we've had.

Just smile to yourself and know I'm free,
Sailing somewhere on a southern sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment